Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anzac Weekend Camping

 Ok so this past weekend was ANZAC weekend which is to commemorate the soldiers who served not only from Australia but also from New Zealand so both my Aussie and Kiwi friends celebrated. The kids at school did a great job in their remembrance ceremony and I was really lucky to get to see the whole thing. Anyway, on Sunday the 25th of April some friends and I went camping at Litchfield National Park and let me tell you it was beautiful. If any of you are planning on visiting I would def take you there because it is a great place to go swimming and its so remote and gives you the true feeling of the Australian bushland.  I enjoyed seeing the beauty of the new country I live in and I enjoyed watching the extreme stupidity that some of the Australians had that were there. Actually I probably would have jumped off the falls on the left had it not been for the fact that I am not currently a holder of health insurance. The camping trip was definitely memorable in many ways but it was a great time to bond with friends.  



The falls were really really strong due to the fact that it is the end of the wet season (Darwin only has two seasons because it is the tropics, the wet and the dry) so some of the places were still closed actually because the water has not receded in all places yet. I have heard that if I go back at the end of the dry season I will see something very different from what I saw this past weekend.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the new pictures from yet another adventure. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment