Monday, February 22, 2010

Lord you are good and your mercy endureth forever







Hey Mates! Some of you were pesting me to start a blog so here we go! I am currently living in the top end of Australia in Darwin and loving it. Things here are so different from the states and it's great. I am going to be posting some of my photos and will continue to add them to my facebook too so keep yourself connected with me if you wish. Today was an especially great day and I want to share with you what God has done in my life already since I have been here. I came over to work as a nanny with a family who it ended up was NOT a good match for me as a person. I had gotten connected with a great church and right off the bat I had prayed that God would give me the words to let the people in the church know I was in bad straights and needed some serious prayers which of course he did. The first week I went a woman offered me a room in her house that is her daughters who is away at uni. I wasn't sure if I needed it right away but it turned out that a week later when I had begun to be blamed for things that were not my doing God told me it was time to get out of the situation. Anyway I called her up and she said come on over. A really great couple came and rescued me from the house and I ate dinner with them at their home until she got home. That evening this couple had made plans to go to the cinema and when I got there they changed their plans and took me to mud racing and as all of you know that is right up my alley! It was a blast and I got some pretty good pictures from it. Also as a side note Darwin is known for its beautiful sunsets which for me is a perfect way for me to remember the creativeness of my maker and the beauty He puts in our lives every day if we just take the time to notice these things. Anyway after leaving the family and moving in with the woman from my church I went to work with her to see if I could get myself a new job. Of course lots of hoops to jump through and a lot of things that I should have done before I got here in Aus but I got them done today and by the end of the day I had a job! I had prayed that God would provide for me and He knows my needs and it didn't even take Him 24 hours to do that for me! Jehovah Jireh for certain. I wanted to share what God is doing in my life over here so keep the prayers coming and I will be updating you as much as I possibly can on the happenings down under. Goal for next month which I have been told should be pretty easy to accomplish is to get to hand feed a roo! I can't wait and don't worry I will have my camera ready. I can't wait to post more for you but this is it for now. I am off to have some fish and chips which up here in the NT (Northern Territory) the selected fish of the day is shark since there is an overabundance of them. Love to you all. Enjoy some of these photos and I will add more soon! Ta I must go.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God you have a job!!!! I am so happy for you and relieved to hear that things are going so smoothly even if they're not according to your plans. God has great things in store. I miss you and can't wait to hear what you're doing at work/in life next. PS.... i love the picture of you from your first post. I MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIP, HIP, HOO-RAY !! When life gives you lemons, Make Lemonade !!

    ReplyDelete