Saturday, February 27, 2010

The other day I had a tour around Cullen Bay and here are some of the fun things that we saw. This is called dragon boating and it is something that I may get into. I would really like to try it and apparently your arms get ripped. Much like rowing but the person in the back steers it and yells at you constantly.

Here is the view from Cullen Bay jetty. We walked out to the end of the point and it was so beautiful. Darwin is known as sunset city and it definitely holds up to its name. I know that pictures of the sky can get a little redundant sometimes but it is so amazing the beauty of the sky here. You just look out and all you see is water.

I have asked around to see what the name of this bird is and no one has given me a straight answer. What I do know is that they are very very sneaky. I know this because I have tried to take its picture before and I was unable to do it. Also I know that they make one of the most annoying noises that I have heard since I have been here. It sounds like a child who is dying. The first time I heard it I freaked out because I had no clue what it was. People started laughing at me once again which I have found is not an unusual occurrence here.The tide system here is really interesting. Mostly this is what it looks like at low tide. At high tide it's mostly up the rocks but sometimes they get king tides and that is when there is a lot of flooding which we might see here in the next couple of days because we have had a monsoon drop over us and the rain has been constant and very heavy. There is also a cyclone warning in effect right now mostly just because the monsoon has dropped on us. Hopefully not though.
Oh! so I went to the beach this day too and this is what I saw. Now you all know that if I were at Jersey shore or Ocean City there is no stinkin way that all of this beautiful beach would look like this. It would be littered with a billion people and stupid seagulls but if you look at the next picture you will see one of the reasons why no one is daring to even get close to the water. I did tempt fate and stick my hand in the water just to say that I did but I quickly moved away because well honestly I am not interested in having a "salty" croc come out of the water after me.
Now you can't blame me for not swimming at the beach right? :) Ok I gotta go. Oh! but one last thing. Just yesterday I saw my first pack of Kangaroos!! I was so excited. I got a picture but 1 it was raining so its really blurry. 2. They move very quickly so I just caught the last one hopping away as I took it but I am posting it because it proves that I saw one. I will def get more pictures of them soon. I have been told if you take bread they will eat out of your hand. That is my new goal! :) ok enjoy and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering, If you give them a piece of bread, will they Kick you to get the entire loaf ? Be careful, Good news, "National Health Care" !!

    ReplyDelete